opinion-blackandwhite
Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com
More GTO info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum
Go Back   Pontiac GTO Forum | GasTiresOil.com > Website Related > Suggestions and Feedback

Sponsors
Affiliate Sites

Old 09-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
littlecrunch2000

NO trash talking about others....

By this I mean....

-None of this PM me if you want to know a non-sponsor that can do this work or that.

-calling other sites "the other site" because you can get banned for refering to LS1GTO or LS1TECH or another forum or site.

-And for God's sake, please stop with the stupid search before you ask a question. LET THE MODS DO THAT!!!

Just my .02 for this,

Show: Panasonic Strada, XM, Image Dynamic components, Infinity mids, JL Audio 8" subs in rear deck, Alpine M500 and F450, HID's, short shifter, my creation rear seat delete.
Go: P&P and milled LS6 Heads,TSP 228R cam, Ported Intake and TB, Kooks LTs, Powerbond UDP, MagnaFlow full exhaust, Svede CAI, MSD & NGK, 160*, 05-06 brakes.

Tuned by Corey at Henderson - NEW-441/410 with mods in sig --- PB: 13.42 @ 104.5 and 1.94 60' with only headers, exhaust and CAI.
littlecrunch2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
Lancer-AM
The All-Seeing Mod

We don't really have enough sponsors to cover most segments so I don't think you should have trouble recommending a vendor that isn't a sponsor. Of course if our sponsors can do the job and do it well they really deserve to at least be considered. Our sponsors are supporting not only the community but making it possible for us to provide the group with this great place to hang out.

No one calls the other site the other site because calling it anything else will get you banned. You are free to refer to it by whatever you want. Most of us refer to it by the other site because we don't respect what it has becore enough to call it anything else. Plus we don't really want cross forum wars.

I really hope no one is starting the "Search" answer yet, we don't have enough topics for people to search through. People will always answer this way though, it is a staple of forums unfortunatly. They read something in passing once and think it is easy to find again even if the information is buried in page 30 of a 75 page thread that is 2 years old.....

Stratified S-OTS Stg2 93
JBR Power Path Stage 3
JBR 70A RMM
Autotech HPFP Internals
CP-E TMIC
Sure Short Shift Plate
ABT Slotted Rotors
Cobb 3" Downpipe
Swift Spec-R Springs
JBR Rear Sway Bar
Lancer-AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
GeneralPatton
ULOSTLOL

Send a message via AIM to GeneralPatton
I agree with the Search thing. Over on my previous car forum, I have over 7,000 posts (lifeless) and while everyone would tell newbies to use the "Search" Function, why not spend an extra 2 seconds of your life just answering the damn question?

Thankfully this forum is new and the threads will need to build with information so we shouldn't see that much here (For now) but I find it immature and straight disrespectful to actually go and post "Use the Search Function". If you know the answer, just answer the guy the question! This way, the Search Function can grow even more.

For example, you put in a select group of words, a thread may not pop up regarding what you are looking for, but if a Newbie asks the same question and it is answered a different way than possibly YEARS ago, it builds onto the Search Function.

/end rant.
Exterior: 05/06 Hood | 05/06 Brake Upgrade | 6000K HIDs | LED Conversion | 15% Tint | Arrowhead Overlays
Interior: LED Conversion | Midnight-Wolf Acc. | Boston Acoustic Speakers
GeneralPatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #4
cyplandscape
got mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
I agree with the Search thing. Over on my previous car forum, I have over 7,000 posts (lifeless) and while everyone would tell newbies to use the "Search" Function, why not spend an extra 2 seconds of your life just answering the damn question?

For example, you put in a select group of words, a thread may not pop up regarding what you are looking for, but if a Newbie asks the same question and it is answered a different way than possibly YEARS ago, it builds onto the Search Function.

/end rant.
I agree, its not always easy to find exactly what you are looking for. If someone with the knowledge to answer the question does so, and gives the link to the original thread, more people could benefit from the answer. Could never understand some guys not willing to help a newbie with a simple answer to guide them on their way. It's really only about the cars anyway!
cyplandscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
1stv8
NEED MORE POWER...

i wish ya'll had used the "SEARCH" button. this has already been covered...geeze...

jk

i agree. fortunately i have not ever been told to search on any forum except by my buddy who was a little tired of my barage of questions. lol

i like this forum a lot better than the others, except its still really slow, but it will get better.