PDA

View Full Version : Lingenfelter Fuel Pump Install

GrumpyGoat
02-26-2012, 11:31 PM
I finally got a good weekend to do the install, I had less than two gallons of gas in the tank which made it easy to work with a light tank, the only trouble I had was the bottom fuel lines which are recessed into the frame and when you have sausage fingers it don't help, a good pair of needle nose pliers does the job just fine. Also the three ribs in the fuel pump canister were a bit tricky to get to with my rotary tool, but all in all it was a three hour job start to finish and the price of the pump kit ($134) from LPE was way cheaper than what the dealer wanted to charge me for the pump assembly and installation ($1280).

No more problems with the engine just cranking over and not starting, now it starts right up the first time I turn the key, just like before.

littlecrunch2000
02-27-2012, 03:08 AM
glad to hear you were able to solve the problem and your car is bck up and running! Good job

GrumpyGoat
02-27-2012, 06:10 AM
Thanks LC2000, the kit came with detailed instructions and color photos which were a big help.

Robofuzz
02-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Good to hear! Plus you have the satisfaction of fixing it yourself, which is always nice.

Poolshark1321
03-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Good to hear! Plus you have the satisfaction of fixing it yourself, which is always nice.

+1 what a great feeling it is when the key turns over and you hear that rumble after all the hard work :cheers: